3rd Annual Pickle Fest Pickling Contest
September 25th, 2016 from Noon – 5 PM at the Historic Riverdale School
Prizes Provided By
Thank you for participating in The Third Annual Pickle Fest Pickling Contest sponsored by Green River Picklers. We appreciate your support of the French Broad Preservation Association and look forward to sampling your pickled creations. Happy Pickling!
Entries Will Be Evaluated On:
The Golden Rules
- The pickled or fermented entry must be prepared by the contestant submitting it to be judged.
- Contestants may enter ONE submission per category.
- Locally grown products are encouraged. ABSOLUTELY NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS!
Contestants must submit:
- Two jars per chosen category (one for display and one for tasing) with adhesive label stating product name and ingredients.
- A typed or printed recipe for each entry.*
*DO NOT include your name on the jar or recipe submissions.
Each contestant will receive a 1ft x 1ft display area to decorate for the People’s Choice Award. Contestants may set up early on September 24th from 10 AM – Noon or may set up on the morning of the festival from 11-11:45 AM. All submissions and displays must be completed by 11:45 AM on September 25th.